Stop Worrying Start Writing


Hello all!

I wrote my first online book review for an audiobook release not long ago and have been meaning to share this wonderful book with all of you wonderful people for a while now.

Some of you may know I am a bit of a podcast addict, especially 'Writer Podcasts' (and of course, the Adam Buxton Podcast goes without saying).

This book is by the lovely Sarah Painter, of the Worried Writer Podcast. It was one of the first really helpful writer podcasts I came across and I still find myself waiting for the start of each month to hear each new release.

So...here is my review:

Sarah’s calming voice is perfect for the delivery of the useful and achievable advice she gives about how to overcome hurdles in novel writing, or the walls we build for ourselves as writers. She exposes so many of her own anxieties that it feels as though she is with you, leading you by the hand through the book.

‘Stop Worrying Start Writing’ has truly armed me against my worries as a writer, made me feel more confident to generate work and I will never think of my anxieties in the same way again (they have now turned into a small purple dragon).

Each chapter has a useful bullet point summary at the end, making each chapter’s goals feel solid, defined and do-able.

I had already heard some of the tips from being a fan of the Worried Writer Podcast, but this book has put them all into one munchable chunk.

I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to develop good writing habits and be a ‘writer who writes’

So...that's it! Have a read or listen and enjoy :) 

If you have any Writer Podcasts to recommend, please do drop me a message and if you want to know what I am up to in my writing life and/or be kept informed of what's going on in the blog, please sign up to my Quarterly Newsletter on the main page of my blog.

Thanks.

Until next Thursday!

Yours, 

The Inkyscribe x

Comments